[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - added a new unit to rop...I get an error message. Help Capt.

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 am 

I recently created a new unit in ROP using one of KLA's Corinthian hoplite model/skins. Everything is fine until I start a battle with this unit in my army. When the battle loads I get a CTD, and this error: "generic error: failed to find texture '/texture PENTAKOSIOMEDIMNOIHOPLITAI.TGA." But I have a tga file in the texture folder.

Unfortunately, my new unit and the necessary texts, i.e., the ROP "export_descr_unit" text file, do not reference the texture "PENTAKOSIOMEDIMNOIHOPLITAI.TGA" in any way. I was hoping that you'd know what this error means. I double checked every thing else.

An aside: what is a rum file? I noticed that these files exist in the rop model_unit folder. I ask because this file isn't mentioned in the "create a new unit" tutorial, and KLA didn't include one in his model/skin pack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:36 am 
Rise of Persia developer

First of all, are you using ROP 2.2 + the v2.22 patch? This should remove the .rum files, as they are not needed.

Your real problem usually means that a texture hasn't been defined for the faction you are trying to play with. It's these lines in the DMB (descr_model_battle.txt) file:

Quote:
texture carthage, data/models_unit/textures/mount_african_elephant.tga
texture seleucid, data/models_unit/textures/mount_african_elephant_seleucid.tga
texture parthia, data/models_unit/textures/mount_african_elephant_parthia.tga
texture merc, data/models_unit/textures/mount_african_elephant_mercenary.tga

If your faction is not in that list for the KLA corinthian hoplite, you should add it.

Could you keep me updated about your progress?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:47 pm 

First, I installed "ROPv22_final_b.exe," then "ROP2_22b.exe." When I installed the patch, i didn't install the CTD fix when I was given the option because I wasn't getting any CTD's in battle. However, when I look in options in ROP it states that I'm playing version 1.5. Why would this be? I was careful to install the right .exe's.

Second, below is my "descr_model_battle" entry for the newly created hoplite unit. I've triple checked all my entries, and I can't find the problem.

(the appropriate spaces are there, it's just that the it all gets smashed together in the post)
type rop_corinthian_hoplites
skeleton fs_o_f_spearman
indiv_range 40
texture greek_cities, rop/data/models_unit/textures/unit_rop_corinthian_hoplites.tga
model_flexi rop/data/models_unit/unit_rop_corinthian_hoplites.cas, 15
model_flexi rop/data/models_unit/unit_rop_corinthian_hoplites.cas, 30
model_flexi rop/data/models_unit/unit_rop_corinthian_hoplites.cas, 40
model_flexi rop/data/models_unit/unit_rop_corinthian_hoplites.cas, max
model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, rop/data/sprites/greek_cities_rop_corinthian_hoplites_sprite.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

One more thing: I notice that all ROP units only have up to 002 sprites. KLA created up to 007 sprites for his units. Is this a problem?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:03 pm 

By the way, I've placed all necessary files, and made all text changes in the ROP data folder. I assume that this was correct.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:11 pm 

Thank you for your help, and thank you for a damn good mod--ROP.

I figured out my problem. It was in the export_descr_unit txt. The "soldier" line was wrong; it was pointing to the wrong model. Everything works fine now. Thanks again for your help.

BTW, I plan on reskinning some hoplites from your Rise of Persia mod, e.g., making additions/changes, some complete overhauls, new units, and perhaps making them glossy, etc. (Don't get me wrong, the units in ROP are awesome.) I'll be more than happy to send them to you for your use in ROP 3.0. This would be my thanks for your creating a killa mod. Just let me know if you are interested.

I'm still wondering about this: "First, I installed "ROPv22_final_b.exe," then "ROP2_22b.exe." When I installed the patch, i didn't install the CTD fix when I was given the option because I wasn't getting any CTD's in battle. However, when I look in options in ROP it states that I'm playing version 1.5. Why would this be? I was careful to install the right .exe's. And, why are the rum files still there?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 am 
Rise of Persia developer

Cool, that's great!

The version 1.5 is the RTW version, and 1.5 is the correct version to use. It doesn't state the ROP version there yet, but apparently it is possible to make it do that, I'll just have to learn how. Will keep it in mind ;)
The .rum files were the problem for the battle CTDs some people had. We did put them in the original ROP 2.2, but that CTD fix (which you didn't need) in v2.22 deletes them. I think I'll make the next version not include them at all, cuz the performance gain is minimal. If you don't want them, just delete them, they're not critical.

I'd say go ahead with modding! Anything you do will make you better at it, even if you started years ago, as I notice for myself. If we can use your creations or not we can't know yet, but we'll keep all options open. Especially gloss maps would be a nice addition.