[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - trouble Installing ROP vs 2.2

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 pm 

I am having some problems with installing this mod. I had version 2 of the mod, and when I wanted to instal 2.2, it said that I should use an unmodded version of RTW (I have the eras version) so I uninstalled ROP and reinstalled RTW too. but after I installed it, and tried to play the game, I just got the normal version of RTW. The shortcut for ROp also for some reason has the same Icon as RTW. Lastly, when I try to install vs 2.22 it tells me that version 2.2x s not in the folder. Can anyone help me with this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:38 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

What is the name of the installer? It should be ROPv22_final_b.exe - which is an improved version of the v2.2 installer, uploaded a few days ago. You can get it at http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/?id=2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:22 am 

It seems to be called ROPv22_final_b, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing. Also, I tried following the link, but for some reason I was told that the page I was trying to access could not be found. I looked in the data folder and there was a folder labeled ROP, so it would seem that the mod was installed, but everytime I try to play the mod, I still get the normal version of TW. I hope I was clear, is there any way I can fix this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:23 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Did you say that it is installed into the data folder? That is not correct.
The game should be installed to the directory where RomeTW.exe is inside, like "C:\Program Files\Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 pm 

NERO666 -AS I See YOU loaded a new installer.
In this case-clearify please all installation steps.
step by step,names of installers,links and so on.
Thank You

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 am 
Rise of Persia developer

That's correct. I hope this helps:

Quote:
-Download and install ROPv22_final_b.exe to the root of a clean, unmodded RTW 1.5 installation (for example “C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome – Total War”)
-Download and install ROP2_22b.exe to the same folder
-If you have experienced battle CTDs just during or after entering the battle map, install the optional bugfix too.
-Play ROP through the shortcut placed on your desktop

Note: ROP is modfoldered since v2.2. Therefore no original game files will be overwritten
Note2: The v2.22 patch is not compatible with savegames of earlier versions.
Note3: The v2.21 hotfix is included in this patch, you don't need to install separately

If you need any further help, let us know ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 pm 

Thanks for all the help, I finally got it to install correctly. You folks are making a great mod, keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm 

NERO666
would you please to point the links of Dl
as I see on DL page only files without b on the end.
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:05 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Oh actually you can download the files if you click on the word Download in my previous message, for both required files. I'll make them bold so they're easier to spot.

EDIT: Good to hear Catoblepas, have fun playing ROP :D