[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - Some Problem

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some Problem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 am 

I installed ROP 2.22. but how can i avoid to some changes like these:

-Increased the construction times of all buildings
-Disabled the stables and archery range buildings completely
-Disabled Paved roads for most factions, it now represents the Persian Royal Road from Susa to Sardis. Highway level completely disabled

How can i avoid them?? (specially first and 2nd) these changes are not logic.

Post subject: Re: Some Problem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Actually they are implemented as balancing. As we use the 4tpy mod, we have made construction of all buildings twice as long, because if we don't the game will become unbalanced. The archery ranges and the stables didn't really serve a purpose anymore in ROP, as all recruitment of units is done via other buildings. Therefore we disabled them. The highways have been taken out because paved roads were a later invention (save some places near the caspian sea where they were used before). We intend to replace the current paved roads on the strategy map by an upgraded form of unpaved roads, as this is more realistic.
These things can be changed in the export_descr_buildings.txt file though if you want. Be sure to backup your files though when changing any settings ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:42 am 

Nero666 wrote:
Actually they are implemented as balancing. As we use the 4tpy mod, we have made construction of all buildings twice as long, because if we don't the game will become unbalanced. The archery ranges and the stables didn't really serve a purpose anymore in ROP, as all recruitment of units is done via other buildings. Therefore we disabled them. The highways have been taken out because paved roads were a later invention (save some places near the caspian sea where they were used before). We intend to replace the current paved roads on the strategy map by an upgraded form of unpaved roads, as this is more realistic.
These things can be changed in the export_descr_buildings.txt file though if you want. Be sure to backup your files though when changing any settings ;)

Thank you so much :wink:
Another problem:
Today when i playing ROP , the game breaked and throw me into desktop. I have selected Parsa faction. There were no problem until 548BC but now when i press End Turn , it happen. how should i do???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 am 
Rise of Persia developer

Oh in that case I would like to test a savegame that you have from before the crash (autosave or whatever). This will make it easy to understand whether we can fix it or not, and what we have to do to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:21 pm 

Nero666 wrote:
Oh in that case I would like to test a savegame that you have from before the crash (autosave or whatever). This will make it easy to understand whether we can fix it or not, and what we have to do to fix it.

Here is my save game
http://rapidshare.com/files/131626637/Q ... e.sav.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:45 am 
Rise of Persia developer

Thank you, I have received the savegame and will try to find out the problem soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 pm 

Nero666 wrote:
Thank you, I have received the savegame and will try to find out the problem soon.

Thank you to. I am waiting to continue it again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 am 

Did you fixed the bugs? I haven't play it for 1 week. :(

Last edited by kavehmj on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:48 am 
Rise of Persia developer

I'm sorry I'm in the middle of moving back to my home country so haven't got lots of time for another week and a half. I will try to make some time tonight though ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:41 am 

Nero666 wrote:
I'm sorry I'm in the middle of moving back to my home country so haven't got lots of time for another week and a half. I will try to make some time tonight though ;)

ok. i will wail ... :wink: