[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - INSTALLIN 2.2

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: INSTALLIN 2.2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 am 

hi nero 666, i have rome total war and barbarian invasion both undmodded. I installed version number 2.2 but couldn't play it, all I got was rome total war. Should I uninstall both games and reinstall them to make it suitable for rise of persia 2.2? i really need this advice soon so I can conquer as PERSIA!
thanks

Post subject: Re: INSTALLIN 2.2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:10 am 
Rise of Persia developer

You're probably using Windows Vista? Then you should right-click on the ROP 2.2 installer, and select 'Run as administrator' from the menu that appears. When you then install, it will do what it should do and put the ROP files on your computer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:56 am 

no i use xp, but should i install the beta 2 version and then install the 2.2?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 am 
Rise of Persia developer

No, you should not install anything before installing v2.2. Please follow the instructions on this page exactly: http://www.riseofpersia.com/download/category/1-rop22

After installation, there will be a new shortcut on your desktop with the name ROP written. Please use that shortcut to play the game ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:31 am 

hi nero 666 this may sound really stupid and it's probably something I'm just missing but I don't get where the "Run as Administrator" thing is. I right clicked on the link on the downloads page and that didn't come up. I right clicked on a few other things I thought might be it and "Run as Administrator" still didn't come up. Can you tell me step by step where this is? thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

I have now rewritten the information on the web page I talked about in my previous post. I hope it is easier to understand now.
Just to be sure I'll guide you through step by step:
-Download both files from the downloads page to your computer
-Right-click on the file called ROPv22_final_b.exe and select 'Run as administrator' from the menu
-Choose the folder where you want to install to, and then install. (It should be the folder which has Rome - Total War v1.5 installed and there should be no other mods in that folder changing the original files.)
-Right-click on the file called ROP2_22b.exe and select 'Run as administrator' from the menu
-Choose the same folder as you have chosen before and install.
-Play ROP by clicking the 'Rise of Persia' shortcut on your dekstop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:03 pm 

Hi,
I'm trying to download ROP full installer, but once I've put the full installer in "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" and click "Run as Administrator" it comes up with an error message with the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\ROPv22_final_b.exe" and says that this file is not a valid Win32 application. Possibly it could be something else inside the folder that could be interrupting the download maybe, I really don't know. I'm not experienced with mods so I didn't know what was wrong but if someone could help me with this that would be great!
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

You do not need to put the installer in that folder, you can just run it from your Downloads folder
Please see if that helps.

Also dont forget to install the v2.22 patch after you're done