[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - [title lost]

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:56 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Lesbos is already at map (and have port), and as province too.

You can help us, if you want this province be accurate, by telling what buildings (mean game things, like market, and what it was trade post or market or forum [how big it was] - what level of RTW building) was present on island/ town, what it have traded, how big trading of each item was there.

BTW, Miletos taken his own place, Kyklades/Naxos created:
http://www.riseofpersia.com/developers/Octavius/gk_islands_game5.jpg

Octo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:07 pm 

Thanks you guys. The market was veryl large due to the excellent location of the island which was placed right next to asia minor. I would say it should be about the size of a forum from RTW 1.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:19 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

In fact, we've always had Lesbos (capital Mytilene) on the map. Didn't you ever notice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:59 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

You are right of course.

BTW, new screeny from evo:

Here you can see 4 really big regions - in africa, arabia, germany and tibet. Its unconquerable ones. So no cities are in this lands and player cant see where are they hidden (at minimap at least).

Also I wiped out all hellenic-times names (like Adiabene, Sophene, Atropatene etc), killed "C" where it reads like "K" (replaced), no more latin campus/tribus words here too.. Where it is possible, I written local name of province/city: for instance Assyria - Aššur (akkadian).

All regions' borders composed in balanced visual/historical way - as much as its possible they make accurate looking borders of your empire, when you conquer it, they are smooth.

Octo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:20 pm 

I noticed some rebel cities have no soldiers.... will you guys please take care of this? It is still a very nice map BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:39 am 
Rise of Persia developer

Well, of course we're already taking care of it. We can't do everything at once however, and the cities without soldiers were only temporary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:54 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Zenith sayd directly right, cities without soldiers (garrisons) are temporary thing. Its done so because all garrison (and mercenaries btw) works are under Spurius development with my and historians advice, all regions work is being doing by me. Our cowork goes so: I make names/map_regions.tga and send this files to Spur.

Why I dont place or correct garrisons. Because it also requires balancing, not only adding accurate units to specified cities. At this case Spur's work is much better than mine and also he have cool experience in all-way-modding. Also if I do it too, you will see map in 1-2 months, not this friday, with beta2 release. :P

Octo.