[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - [title lost]

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:11 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Hello and thank you for taking time to do this interview.

Nero666 - The pleasure is all mine (hehe)

First of all, for those that don't know, could you tell us what Rise of Persia is all about?

Rez - Rise of Persia is a mod focusing on the Persian empire, and its rise to glory all the way into the graeco Persian wars (where hopefully I can get some payback! :P )

And what, if anything, inspired you to go about making a mod set in this era?

Rez - Well I have always been a lover of persian history, and when I saw Faeghi creating the mod I instantly jumped on the bandwagon - I have to say the lack of focus on this period and area of the world was a major factor in the making of the mod. Everyone else, I believe, flocked to the idea of creating a unique mod on a period we all love.

Now, there have been problems with the the team leader leaving and getting a new one. How did you go
about solving this problem and getting the mod on track?

Rez - Unfortunately our original leader Faeghi decided the mod had lost momentum and was busy with other projects relating to BI. Our saviour was Nero666 who really took charge and sorted us rabble right out. With a new development schedule our production is now rocketing ahead. It really is Nero666 who takes the credit on this one though. It should be said that none of the ROP team holds any bad blood towards Faeghi and we wish him every success in his future projects.

And so now that everything seems to running on track, when can we expect a release date?

Rez + Nero666 - Well Our beta is scheduled for release before Christmas, after which our progress with factions is going well enough to expect a full release after a good few months. But if we get more moddelers and skinners - that would be considerably shorter. Of course with our recent turbulent times we are in need of more members to fill out the ranks. So all modders submit your applications soon!

And until that point, how will you be conducting previews?

Rez - I think they will stay the same way as under faeghi - a faction preview detailing the icon, units and descriptions. After we have stabilised production again I was originally working with some members on a rather epic trailer. Hopefully I can recruit some more video editors to give you all a taste of the ROP experience.

Could we have a sneaky peek of something as yet unseen? Something to appease the masses?

Rez - well since you asked so nicely, we will now be putting up a preview of the egyptian faction on our boards at the TWC.
So, what doea Rise of Persia have that would attract players away from the other mods? what is special about it?

Rez - The fact it takes Persia's side is unique - the time frame is only shared by hegemonia and the extension of the map to the east at this time in history is also unique for the modding community I know of. Furthermore our eastern armies have gone through painstaking scrutiny of limited sources to make for the most accurate units we can possibly go for. Im paticularly proud of the Persians. Which by the way are not quite finished. There are a few suprises in store!

Have you got any plans to include any of Barbarian Invasions's features into the mod? such as religions or emergent facions?

Nero666 - We will probably be using the BI religions to represent cultures, like some other mods are planning to do as well. It seems like a nice solution for the lack of the culture penalty (which was accurate to some degree). I'm not so sure about emergent factions, I think we'll just use all factions as normal factions, but the Massagetae, Sakae and Thracians will be horde factions.

Okay then, to conclude, if you had to describe Rise of Persia in only ten words, what would they be?

Rez + Nero666 - <!--coloro:#660000--><span style="color:#660000"><!--/coloro-->Tantalising Oppurtunity to recreate the greatest moments in History!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Last edited by Goscinio on Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.